Tuesday, November 20, 2012

okay so I'm freaking out

Did I mention that I work nights? I do, I work 8:30pm to 7am and then I sleep and then get up and run. On my days off I run whenever and then I put in PTO to do races since I work on the weekends. Needless to say, my body is all kinds of jacked up. In January I'm switching to a day shift and I'm worried that the change in my schedule is going to affect my training for the marathon in February. Okay, one day at a time. This weekend in my first half marathon of the running season and I am super stoked. Space Coast Half Marathon!!!! The last few races I did I was running with a friend and although we had different paces we experienced the whole weekend together (expo awesomeness, taking pictures with Burt Yasso, etc.). This time I am with my husband (non-runner/and possible racing negative nancy) and my 4 year old daughter. I am really excited about the race but I am struggling with trying to make the weekend fun for them too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyways, today on my schedule was a 5 mile run and it went really well. It was really nice outside and a little windy which I hope will prepare me for the seabreeze on Sunday. I also used a playlist of more reminiscent songs rather then super hyped up songs and I think that fit the mood better and helped me to keep a steady pace.

Plan: Tomorrow is a rest day and then my husband (yes, my husband!), bestie (also a runner), and I are doing the Turkey Trot 5k fun run. Then two more rest days before the race. Yay!

Food note: I have tried eating 1/2 clif bar 30 minutes prior to running and it has not hurt my stomach yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment